Official Headshot

Official Headshot
My headshot. Just in case you forgot what I looked like

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 3- Broadway Teacher's Workshop

Today we moved away from Jazz at Lincoln Center to have a backstage tour at the August Wilson Theater where Jersey Boys is currently running. Due to Equity rules, we were unable to get physically backstage but we were allowed to check out the balcony and main orchestra levels. While tours were happening, we were listening to a presentation given by Mary Anna Dennard, author of I GOT IN! The Ultimate College Audition Guide for Acting and Musical Theatre.

I was supposed to see Masterclass starring Tyne Daly, but instead I tried by luck at TKTS ticket booth, located in the heart of Times Square, and lucked out with seventh row tickets to Hair! I definitely had my hair rustled up by the peace loving hippies.


Show:  How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying


This show was phenomenal. I always get a little nervous hearing that celebrities are on Broadway, especially when coming from film, but Daniel Radcliffe and the cast were solid, energetic, and so funny! The choreography was original and clean, and I had such a great time, especially sitting in the mezzanine. Did I mention that Ron Weasley was present for this performance? : ) **** stars!

We wrapped up our days with an evening at Sardi's the famous meeting spot where actors, producers, and others would wait for reviews to come out after shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment