Official Headshot

Official Headshot
My headshot. Just in case you forgot what I looked like

Friday, July 15, 2011

Night 1 in NYC

Ms. M's NYC Tip:

When I first arrived to New York, I bought a Metro card for unlimited rides for seven days. This is the best way to go and saved a ton of money! I learned a lot about how to cram into Subway cars and move through gigantic crowds. I used the following forumla to figure my way around:
Downtown= Statue of Liberty
Uptown= Times Square
Needless to say, I loved visiting New York, but boy do I love Chicago.


Shows:
My first night in NYC I was fortunate to snag tickets to War Horse.


To begin, I love puppetry. This show was probably my favorite out of all productions I saw on my trip. The story is simple, beautiful, and gives the horse's perspective during WWI. Three men operate the horse, Joey, and you can see them the entire time, but rarely do you ever focus on them. This play set the bar for movement and puppetry within theatre today, and definitely triggers the water works by the end because you just love this horse so much!

Ms. M's rating: ****- this one is a must see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment