Official Headshot

Official Headshot
My headshot. Just in case you forgot what I looked like

Monday, July 18, 2011

Fun Tourist Spots/Food!

After trying to recover from the three action packed days of shows and workshops, I decided to play the tourist card and check out as many sites as possible with my couple of days left.

Here are some of the places I hit up!

Times Square-definitely never goes to sleep!



Central Park- The Dakota- The famous building in which John Lennon and Yoko lived, and unfortunately the site of his death. Yoko still lives in the same unit to this day.


Central Park-Turtle Pond/Nature Observatory



Central Park: Strawberry Fields-John Lennon Memorial


Staten Island Ferry- FREE! This is a great way to relax and get a view of the Statue of Liberty on your way to Staten Island.

Dylan's Candy Shop- This place was amazing! Recommended by a couple of NS students, this three floory candy shop was definitely worth finding and sampling!


Katz's Deli- A famous scene from When Harry Met Sally was shot here! Also, famous for this pastrami sandwich, which was $15 but totally worth it for the amount you get! Located in the Soho neighborhood.



The Meatball Shop- As seen on the travel channel, this restaurant was definitely all about home made meatballs. Fun atmosphere, and very simple! They even have a dry erase menu so you circle what you want and change your mind also! Located in the Soho neighborhood.


Little Italy- Fantastic Italian food, and I just loved how each host tried to get your attention to eat at their restaurant. I felt so loved!



Coney Island- What a treat this was. Even though you have to endure at least at 45 minute subway ride, you stumble upon "old school" New York. Such history has been preserved, and I loved the boardwalk and Nathan's original hotdogs!



Well folks, I thank you for exploring my blog. It seems unreal that I accomplished all of this in the time I was present in New York, but this definitely will be an experience I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment